ABOUT CARBON CALCULATORS
Carbon Calculators offers you a free, online service for calculating and comparing your carbon emissions in a simple and easy to use way.
Please note that this is a rough calculation to give you an idea of your business footprint. Using this tool does not mean you have achieved level 1 of the Climate Standard. To find out more about the Climate Standard and how you can benefit from it, please visit the Climate Standard website.
What is a carbon footprint and why measure it??
- A carbon footprint measures the total greenhouse gas emissions caused directly and indirectly by a person, organisation, event or product.
- The footprint considers all six of the Kyoto Protocol greenhouse gases: Carbon dioxide (CO2), Methane (CH4), Nitrous oxide (N2O), Hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), Perfluorocarbons (PFCs) and Sulphur hexafluoride (SF6).
- A carbon footprint is measured in tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (tCO2e).
- The carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) allows the different greenhouse gases to be compared on a like-for-like basis relative to one unit of CO2.
- Climate change is fast being recognised as the biggest threat facing mankind this century.
- Risk management.